CPD: 8 armed robberies reported in span of an hour
CHICAGO — Eight robberies were reported in a span of an hour early Friday morning.
No one was injured in the robberies, spanning from around 2:10 a.m. to 3:18 a.m., on the Near West Side and near Pilsen.
A silver Toyota SUV was used in seven of the eight robberies, police said.
The following timeline of the armed robberies is at approximate times and according to Chicago police.
- 2:10 a.m. in the 2300 block of West Augusta — 33-year-old man robbed at gunpoint after three males exited the silver Toyota SUV. The man’s wallet, phone and backpack were taken.
- 2:20 a.m. in the 700 block of West Grand Avenue — 39-year-old man was on a sidewalk when two males exited the SUV and took money at gunpoint.
- 2:40 a.m. in the 100 block of South Paulina — 52-year-old man was on a sidewalk when two males exited the SUV and took his wallet and phone.
- 2:49 a.m. in the 500 block of North Ashland — 42-year-old woman was near her vehicle when three males exited a green Jeep and took her wallet at gunpoint.
- 3 a.m. in the 1600 block of West Warren — Three men were on a sidewalk when three males exited the silver Toyota SUV and robbed them of their wallets and phones at gunpoint.
- 3:07 a.m. in the 1700 block of West Cullerton — A male and female were robbed at gunpoint of their wallets and a backpack after three males exited the SUV.
- 3:10 a.m. in the 1600 block of West Erie — A 47-year-old man was on a sidewalk when three males exited the SUC and took his wallet at gunpoint.
- 3:18 a.m. in the 1500 block of West 21st Street — A 50-year-old man was on a sidewalk when two males exited the SUV and took his wallet at gunpoint.
On Friday afternoon, Chicago police also reported two more armed robberies from Thursday.
The first one happened around 5:31 a.m. in the 1900 block of West 21st Street. The second one happened around 5:45 a.m. in the 1300 block of West Cullerton.
No suspects are in custody. Anyone with information can leave an anonymous tip at cpdtip.com.
Suggest a Correction