Bulls unveil 2022-2023 City Edition jerseys
CHICAGO – One of the most anticipated releases during a season for an NBA team is their “City Edition” jerseys which they’ll sport for a handful of games.
On Thursday, Bulls’ fans got to see the ones their team will wear during the 2022-2023 campaign.
The team unveiled their City Edition jerseys at 9 AM on Thursday along with the dates on which they’ll wear them over the next few months.
Like a few other versions of these jerseys, the 2022-2023 version pays homage to Chicago’s architecture, with the Municipal “Y” serving as inspiration for a major part of the uniform.
- The pattern on the jersey is inspired by the Municipal “Y.”
- The rust red color is for the bridges in downtown Chicago that stretch across the Chicago River.
- On the sides of the jersey and shorts are a Municipal “Y” with two sets of five red lines, representing the number of players on each side of the court, with the branching off at the bottom of the shorts representing the split of the Chicago River.
- A Bulls logo is on the side of the shorts
- A “C” logo featuring the Municipal “Y” is located on the top of the shorts at the front.
Here are the dates that the jerseys will be worn during the 2022-2023 season:
- Nov. 18 vs Magic
- Dec. 10 vs. Mavericks
- Jan. 13 vs Thunder
- Feb. 24 vs. Nets
- Mar. 3 vs Suns
- Apr. 9 vs. Pistons
Suggest a Correction